The Rock is Love: I Am God's

"I'm gonna go find myself! Road Trip!"

Saturday, July 08, 2006

10 Pet Peaves

I've come to realize that I am, indeed "too sensative" in a world where a lot of people like to hand out "tough cookies." If a person wants to tick me off, here are some good ways to do it:
  1. Tell me about a great party or fun event you threw, or are going to have, and then just don't to invite me, even though we are really good friends. I don't care what your excuse would have been for not wanting to go if you were me: I would have wanted to go anyway. Why? Because you were there.
  2. Keep me up all night when it's not necessary. Or, not keep me up all night when it was necessary.
  3. Interupt me and then get mad at me for supposedly interupting you. Jump to conclusions about what I'm saying. Assume that you know what I mean all the time. Assume that you know what my intentions are, and of course, that they're inherantly of the "evil" or "wrong" variety.
  4. Compare me to yourself and then assume that any difference between us means that I'm automatically in the wrong.
  5. Know about some great opportunity, something you know I need and would benefit from, and just not tell me about it.
  6. Flaunt your good fortunes in life without remembering that some of us have had crap to deal with in our own lives, including me. Not count your blessings. Take the good things in life for granted. Whatever.
  7. Assume that you know what I want without asking me first. Assume that you know what's best for me. Try to tell me what to put on my plate, what clothes to wear, how to do my hair, what job I should have, what school I should go to, what church I should belong to (I'm now non-Sectarian), what political party I should join (again, non-Sectarian, but slightly Democrat, thanks), etc., without my having asked for your opinion first. Assume that you have some right to tell me what to do at all. Here's a clue: you don't, unless I ask you first. Don't ask me if you can tell me what to do - I'll just say no.
  8. Outright critisise me when it's unconstructive or it's just not a life/death thing. Or, better yet, come to me with constructive critisism, yet have NO idea at all what I should do about the problem you think I have.
  9. Hate my Husband. I've somewhat grown a thick skin regarding this, because of the world we live in, but it's not like I don't notice when someone hates Him.
  10. Hate me and then EXPECT me to Love you. Again, I'm learning to grow a thick skin about this one, but seriousely, it's not like I DON'T notice stuff like that.
Am I too sensative? Or are people who harp on my pet peaves just really too insensative? I don't know. In all honesty, I don't think it's wrong of me to have these as pet peaves. I suppose I do still need God to work more on my willingness to use any of the above as reasons not to like someone or want to be around them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home